Lytham, Lancashire

Having purchased a small Honda CBF 125 motorcycle from new as a learner

machine for two teenager, because of quality problems I had to forbid them from riding it as I considered it unsafe. Within 700 miles it started to develop kangaroo problems leading to a new fuel injector system having to be fitted, next came the gearbox falling back from 2nd gear to neutral, next came the inability to start the machine from hot. Take it to a garage for fuel and one had to wait 20 or so minutes for the engine to cool before you could start it again, then intermittent loss of power followed by battery and regulator problems leading to 3 batteries in 5 months. The crux of my complaint was the attitude of Honda UK. I received 3 identical letters from the MD Crossley

indicating that the problems would be looked into and someone would get back to discuss the matter in the near future. Their was not a single response to any of the letters. IE they did not want to know.I even offered to trade the machine in for a different model - Honda did not want to be saddled with it so they offered a figure less than half its book trade in value and £600 less than the instant bike purchase site.

When Honda build a lemon they do it in style expecting you to pay for their poor build quality. Mr Crossley and his customer services are not fit for the purpose. Honda has the fastest declining bike sales in the world and it is no wonder, and may it continue so.

I certainly have been scarred by my experience of Honda and the 2 youngsters and myself will certainly not consider any Honda product. The 2 youngsters are I think off motorcycles for good.

My regret is I relied upon Crossleys assurances and in retrospect should have gone to court.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Honda Powersports Cons: Poor service.

Comments